Your Ad Here

Monday, May 5, 2008

Believe in Jesus?




Something To Believe In by Poison

Will I see him on the tv
Preachin bout the promised land
He tells me to believe in jesus
And steals the money from my hand

Some say he was a good man
But lord I think he sinned, yeah

Twenty-two years of mental tears
Cries a suicidal vietnam vet
Who fought a losing war on a foreign shore
To find his country didnt want him back

Their bullets took his best friend in saigon
Our lawyers took his wife and kids, no regrets
In a time I dont remember
In a war he cant forget

He cried forgive me for what Ive done there
Cause I never meant the things I did

Chorus:
And give me something to believe in
If theres a lord above
And give me something to believe in
Oh, lord arise

My best friend died a lonely man
In some palm springs hotel room
I got the call last christmas eve
And they told me the news

I tried all night not to break down and cry
As the tears rolled down my face
I felt so cold and empty
Like a lost soul out of place

And the mirror, mirror on the wall
Sees my smile it fades again

Chorus

Sometimes I wish to God I didnt know now
The things I didnt know then
Road you gotta take me home

Solo

I drive by the homeless sleeping on a cold dark street
Like bodies in an open grave
Underneath the broken old neon sign
That used to read jesus saves

A mile away live the rich folks
And I see how theyre living it up
While the poor they eat from hand to mouth
The rich is drinkin from a golden cup

And it just makes me wonder
Why so many lose, so few win

Chorus

You take the high road
And Ill take the low road

Sometimes I wish to God I didnt know now
The things I didnt know then

And give me something to believe in

4 comments:

Nike shox said...

You built some beneficial details there. I did a look for within the matter and observed most folks will consent with your webpage.Having a look Nike shox. Good things or not you have the final say.

Unknown said...

The Trustees, coach outlet store online we are assuVed by their chairman (the Marquis of Salisbury), consider that without any other change beyond an extension of power, they (the Trustees) are as a body competent to undertake the Conservancy of the river basin for' all purposes, and would regard with disfavour any proposition to vest the duties in other hands. To this view we are unable to assent. In our opinion the present coach bags outlet constitution of the Lee Trust is not fitted for that of a Board of Conservators.The present constitution of the Lee Trust is fixed by the conjoint operation of several statutes. By the 16th section of 12 Geo. II., c. 32, the Lord Mayor, Aldermen, and Recorder of the city of London, the Parliamentary representatives of the counties of Middlesex, Essex, and Hertford, and of the coach outlet coupon city of Westminster, and the boroughs of Colchester and Rochester, were declared to be ex officio Trustees, and with them numerous other gentlemen were personally associated as trustees. To these the Act 7 Geo. III., c. 51, sec. 1, added more than 100 others, and further increased the list of ex officio Trustees by the Comptroller of the works and revenues of London Bridge, the Mayor and 'Recorder of Hertford, and the Governor, Deputy-Governor, and Treasurer of the coach purses outlet New River Company; and by the 72nd and 75th sections it was prescribed that future vacancies should be filled up by election—the electors to be the Trustees themselves, or any seven of them, and the qualification to be that the person elected should be residing in the same county as that wherein the person whose vacancy was being filled up had resided, and further should, in his mbt trainers own right or the right of his wife, be in receipt of rents of landed property to the value of 100/. per annum. By 13 & 14 Vict. c. 109, the Trustees were incorporated. The vacancies as they have occurred have not been regularly filled up, and there are now, we are informed, 67 Trustees, including the ex officio members.The interests which demand representation in any body having the government of the River Lee are, the navigation; the riparian owners; the towns on the banks of the different streams; the traders and wharfingers using the river: 5 finger shoes both the great Water Companies; the water consumers; the proprietors of the Stort Navigation ; and lastly, the Central Government, whose presence at a Conservancy Board is essential to a due regard being paid to the various interests, and especially to the public health. Some of these five finger shoes interests arc no doubt sufficiently provided for by the present Trust; but there are others which have no direct means of making their wishes known.

Pankaj Singh said...

Superb article and valuable information because it’s really helpful for me, Thank you so much for share this wonderful information with us.
Jeans Manufacturers in Delhi

Kala Kutir said...

Good article, Very interesting to read this article, I would like to thank you for writing this helpful article share with us.
Lifestyle Magazine